England Day 4 and 5 and Spain Day 1 (at last!)

Wednesday, November 25, 2009 by Johanna , under ,

I'm finally in Spain! We arrived at a youth hostel in Bilbao about half an hour ago; we were picked up from the airport by a Spanish guy who couldn't speak any English at all (except for airport and mountain), so mixed with our next-to-nothing Spanish (which consists at the moment of hi, how are you, where is the tourist office and my name is) we had a great time! Actually, he was really nice and cute (puppy cute, not attractive cute). Landing in Bilbao was quite beautiful, everything along the coast is lit up, but annoyingly I can't hear out my left ear. It's getting better though. Hopefully I will be able to hear again when I wake up tomorrow. It's already 9:30pm here, so, 12 hours difference to Australia, Skype people!

Yesterday we spent the day in London - caught the train for an hour into the city, bought a day card for the tube (and definitely got our money's worth!) and visited the Tower of London, the Tate Modern (art gallery), Shakespeare's Globe theatre (or the recreation), and went past Buckingham Palace in the evening. The Tower was awesome, we saw the crown jewels and everything. And where the two princes were murdered in the Bloody Tower. Pretty awesome. And there was a model trebuchet. Doubly awesome.









 


We also crossed the millennium bridge (the new footbridge that they blew up in the last Harry Potter movie) while it was really windy, and almost got blown off! (Joking, mum.) Very nice. And the tube is just like the U-Bahn in Hannover, so I felt right at home! Mhm. Can't wait to go back to Germany now and do it again.

The photos are taking a really long time to upload. Probably because there's some 39 of them. Mostly of the Tower. But also some other things, so I'll have to wait a bit more...

(15 minutes later)

Ok, photos are up! Make sure to check them out. May not update for another few days after this, we're taking a bus to Pamplona tomorrow and then from there to Roncesvalles. Mum, I forgot my towel! Did you see it when I was packing? For some reason I can't find it and I'm annoyed. Grr. I'll have to get one tomorrow in Pamplona. And by the way, it's really warm here - 18 degrees at the moment. But I still hope it snows sometime while we're walking.

Off to bed for me now. Adios!

0 Responses to 'England Day 4 and 5 and Spain Day 1 (at last!)'

Post a Comment